Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas (momma needs a) break

Total Weight loss on TSFL: 31 lbs.
Weight loss this week: 0 lbs.

So.... It's Christmas break for me. Two weeks of "vacation", which in my house means chasing and managing twins toddlers. So I will rephrase this holiday to Christmas no school.

Tuesdays are my weigh-in days, and today I lost nothing. I weigh exactly the same I did last week. After steadily losing, a 0-lb weight loss is a little unsettling. If I am going to be completely honest, which is always my aim here, I had a glass of wine Saturday and Sunday evening, so I haven't been completely on program. My health coach recently posted about a "Fat-burn challenge" which is supposed to throw your body into fat burn. Basically I still eat 5 of the Medifast meal replacements (2 of which should be shakes), drink at least 100 oz of water, and each 2 cups of Egg Beaters and 3 cups of spinach for my lean and green. So that is the plan for today through Thursday. I want to create a good fat burn before we leave for holiday activities.

Even though I did not lose any pounds this week, I feel really good. My body is changing before my eyes. I have hit one troubling circumstance: my once full bodied booty is disappearing into thin air!!!! My butt is fading.... like I now do not have a full bottom... THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

I'm half-teasing, but mostly very serious. Along with my change of diet, my body is looking very different than it ever ha before. I have always carried my weight low (mainly in my thighs and rear), but I have lose 5 inches off of my hips and 3.5 inches off of my thigh.... in 12 weeks. Isn't that crazy! When I am down to my goal weight, I have no idea what I will actually look like. I am beginning to think that my pear-shape may be turning into more of an hourglass. When I begin to have to buy clothing, I am scared I will not even know how to dress myself. I will cross that bridge when it comes.

Christmas is less than a week away, and I am promising myself that I will be better prepared than I was at Thanksgiving. I would love to drop more weight this week! I am due a big week, considering the last several weeks have been small weight losses. Maybe I am a "turtle loser", slow and steady. Regardless, I know how important it is to be consistent day in and day out. I would like to aim for big losses the next couple of weeks. I am only 19 lbs away from my original goal. It is so close, I can see it. I just have to continue reaching and stay focused.

For what it is worth, I want to encourage whomever may be reading this. This holiday gift yourself with wellness. You don't have to wait for January to come so you can be focused until Valentine candy is on the selves. Just start now. You can start small: eat more veggies, skip dessert, drink more water. Don't let holidays weigh you down... literally. Be blessed!

- Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment