Sunday, December 4, 2016

Out of Control

Life at my house is crazy. I often have wondered why I started this journey when my children are so small. Why did I start trying to lose weight so close to the major holiday season? What the hell am I doing?!?!?

My life feels out of control at the moment. My job as a junior high school counselor is demanding, especially at the close of the semester. My twin boys are 15 months, which means they are ever curious, ever hungry, and ever moody. When one isn't crying, the other picks up the slack. I am physically exhausted and mentally drained.

I know that the key to successful, longterm weight loss is revamping your mental awareness. Honestly, I am struggling right now. Bad.

I feel so defeated in so many areas of my life that it is hard to revel in my success with my weight loss. I have lost 3.5 pounds this week after a 3.5-pound-loss last week (Thanksgiving week). I am officially down 30 pounds since late September, and 50 pounds since March 2016. I know that in my head, but my heart is still hanging on to a negative view of myself. Every week I lose weight, yet recently I have felt so discouraged and disconnected from my goal. It is almost like I need a clean slate- a fresh start.


No comments:

Post a Comment